As I read through Siddhartha Chapter two, we notice how Siddhartha and Govinda are adapting to their new lives as Sammanas. They join the Sammanas by entering a contest. Siddhartha and Govinda started to do some Sammana manners, which include not eating just once a day. How could you get accostumed to something like that? I started to think and predict that Siddhartha won't be able to do this radical change. I proved myself when I read this:
" On another occasion When Siddhartha left the wood with Govinda in order to beg for food..." (pg.14).
Will Siddhartha keep with this new life? If so, how?
After I read few more pages I notice that Siddhartha is actually leaving the Sammanas.
"Soon, Govinda, your friend will leave the path of Sammanas..." (pg.15).
I knew this would happen with Siddhartha. he's a strong guy, but not the way he imagined he was. Govinda then gets impressed on how much Siddhartha learned from the Sammanas, he became a powerful guy, that gets what he wants.
I think it's important to think that way, (to get what you want), only if it's in a honest and responsable way. Siddhartha uses some powers and I take it as cheating to get what he wants, which is something I don't agree with.

No comments:
Post a Comment