Sunday, 19 May 2013

Responding to The Editors

Dear Editors,
In response to Sophia Noel's article: "Surviving ADHD", Sophia is a senior diagnosed with ADHD, when she was a wee young gal. She described all her troubles about dealing with this disorder. "Through out the years I have struggled emotionally, physically, and academically because of my disability." Sophia tells us how her disability was first notice and diagnosed. When she had five years old she told her mom that some trees were talking to her: "They are telling me to hurt lots and lots of people." Her mother "froze", they tested her on several "neural disorders". Then, she was diagnosed with ADHD. Though she struggled a lot through her school years, "I went from a C/B student in middle school and early high school to a straight A (with an occasional B) student in 11th and 12th grade."

I like how Sophia develops her memoir. She develops it briefly with out giving us every single detail, which makes it a more easy and fluent reading. Sophia also describes how she felt because of her disability, this really made me get into her thoughts and situation, which is really good for a reader to develop such thing. Lovely ending, I'm glad she "survived ADHD."

No comments:

Post a Comment